Aloe Vera Body Lotion
Makes approximately 250ml
100ml Distilled water ( or filtered)
1 Tbsp Skin Lotion herb blend (Marigold, Rosehips, Comfrey root) or choose other herbs below
100ml Body blend oil ( Jojoba, Shea Butter, Sunflower, Castor, & Vitamin E.)
10 ml Skin Care Complex ( a special blend of botanicals and natural preservatives)
40 ml Aloe vera gel
1 Tbsp Soy blend wax (a blend of Jojoba, Rice bran and Soy bean waxes)
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
25 drops of your favourite Essential oil blend
Try our “Renew Skin” blend for best results.
(Carrot Seed, Rose, Palmarosa, German Chamomile, Immortelle, Geranium, & Orange)
It is important to make sure that all your equipment has been properly cleaned and free of bacteria this will help produce the best quality body care product. Using boiling water and Rubbing Alcohol is a good way to kill bacteria naturally.
1) Make an infusion: Pour boiled water (100ml) over herbs , allow to steep for 15 minutes, strain and set liquid aside to cool.
2) Combine Body Blend oil or other carrier oils with Soy blend wax and gently heat on medium heat until wax has melted. Remove from heat. * Use stainless steel pots only. Or microwavable glass container
3) To the melted oils and wax blend add the following in a steady stream while beating: herbal infusion mixture Skin care complex, Aloe Vera gel, and Xanthan gum. Beat all ingredients until creamy and smooth.
4) Allow lotion to completely cool before adding essential oils and packaging.
Packaging note: It is best to package your lotion in a dark glass bottle, alternatively you can use plastic and dispense with a lotion pump or flip top or tottle. Store finished product in a cool dark location. Shelf life of product will vary depending on ingredients used and cleanliness of equipment. Generally this lotion will stand in a cool dark place for a few months, if you want a longer shelf life than refrigeration is recommended.
Herbs & Essential Oils to Try
HerbsEssential OilsMoisturizing and healing:
Marigold, Rosehips, Comfrey, Patchouli, Rose Petals, Frankincense gum and Oakmoss.Moisturizing and healing:
Rose, Jasmine, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Peru Balsum, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Neroli or Vetivert Pain relief:
Willow bark, *Arnica, Nettle leaf, Marigold
* Do not use this herb on open woundsPain Relief:Clary Sage, Sweet Birch, Peppermint, Marjoram or use: Cranberry Lane’s “Muscle Therapy” Essential oil blend